It takes a small army to keep my face in tip-top shape. I will admit, when I was younger I did not take the best care of my skin. I played a slew of sports, and the amount of dirt, grass and sweat I probably caked into my pores over the years makes me cringe. But now that I am a more responsible, mature adult I see the importance in proper skin care and a good beauty routine.
There are a few points during the year where I find it necessary to really amp up my skin care, now being one of those times. The hot summer sun, humid air and weekend trips to the beach can really do some damage to a girls face. Thankfully I have a trusty team of products to help me out when times get tough.
- Tarteguard 30 – Tarte’s first attempt at a Sunscreen, and it is a home run. This SPF lotion has become a staple in my daily routine. Light enough that it can be worn under your make-up and/or primer as an everyday mosturizer, especially during the months when the suns rays are a bit stronger. Plus it smells ah-mazing!
- Enzyme Cleansing Gel – From skincare God, Mario Badescu, this non-foaming cleanser thoroughly removes the day’s makeup, dirt, and oil without over-drying your skin. I love the refreshing feeling I get whenever I use it, particular when I use it in the AM – the natural Grapefruit and Papaya extracts really help wake me up!
- Evening Primrose Eye Cream – I love all things Korres, including this eye cream. I love the light floral scent and the consistency of this cream; it looks thick but spreads easily like a gel. You get a LOT of product in the full-size tube, so it’s very good value and has lasted me the course of the summer.
- Super Spot Remover – No matter how much attention I give my skin, sometimes its still gets upset with me and will give me a pimple or two at the most inconvenient of times. So when that happens I run right to this spot remover from Origins. It immediately reduces redness, swelling and spot size, plus it suprisingly smells great ( most acne treatments have a tendency to smell, well….like an acne treatment ).
- Glycolic Acid Toner – Another great from Mario Badescu – I love using this toner when I am in a hurry and don’t always have time to fully wash my face. I have sensitive skin, so this toner is great because it is alcohol free but the 2% Glycolic Acid in it is light enough to not irritate my face.
- Whipped Body Creme – is there anything better then putting whipped body creme on your dry skin? To me, there are very few things I can think of to the contrary. Pure Grace by Philosophy is one of my favorite body creme’s to use in the summer because it is light and moisturizing while still feeling as luxurious as a whipped creme should feel. Plus the scent gives you that just out of the shower fresh clean feel.
- Mineral Facial Pure Mud Mask – straight from the mineral rich mud of the Dead Sea, this mask by See See helps to remove dirt and excess oil while gently exfoliating dead skin cells, leaving your skin smooth, healthy and radiant looking after just one use. I try to use 1 – 2 times a week for the best results.
- Steep Clean Mattifying Toner Pads – I throw these pads from Bliss in my bag ANYWHERE I go. Seriously, they are lifesavers. Perfect for oily and combination skin, these pads work miracles while keeping a matte finish for you under your makeup. Every time I use them, I instantly feel refreshed and renewed, plus they have really helped me fight pesky pimples that can tend to pop up in the summer due to heat and sweat.
- Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater – if you can’t tell already, I love anything and everything from Mario Badescu – especially this facial spray! It is perfect for any time you need to beat the heat or just need a little refresher. It is the perfect pick me up for dry, tired skin. I throw it in my bag anytime I plan on traveling, especially when I am on planes and my skin feels just plain icky when I get off – a couple spritzes of this will have you feeling as good as new.
- Skin Bright Beauty Oil – my absolute FAVORITE thing on this list, I honestly look forward to the time each night that I get to put this on my face. The beauty oil by Medyskin has seriously helped boost and brighten my overall complexion. The all natural formula mixes Coconut, Avocado and Rose-hip oils with a daily does of Vitamin C to give you a more even skin tone – let me tell you, IT WORKS. This is a summer must have in your beauty cabinet.
Side Note : I have a serious love for sample sized products. I travel so much, they make it simple and easy for me – plus I have commitment issues so the smaller size lets me test things without feeling tied to the product.