If you are like me and find yourself to be insanely busy, no matter what the month and/or season is – then you probably know how important it is to invest in classic transitional pieces. Thankfully I learned at a young age that quality is so much greater than quantity. Here are my 5 things that I simply cant live without in my constantly changing wardrobe.
- A Good Scarf – A great scarf can work its way into any outfit, at any time of the year. I prefer more neutral colored scarves with soft patterns like this Paul Smith camel scarf, because I find it easiest to match with any outfit in my closet. Scarves can also make for a great shawl in the Winter or a cute cover up in the Summer.
- A Sweater Jacket – I LOVE Sweater Jackets. I prefer them to normal jackets. They are less of a hassle, you don’t have to constantly take them on/off and they can double as a blanket if you are in a cold office/restaurant. Plus they are perfect for this time of year where the weather hasn’t decided if its ready to be cold, and stop being hot. I love this Grey Lapel Long Sleeved version from Victoria Swing.
- A Fun Pair of Flats – Flats should be a must in everyone’s closet. They are easy to slip on/off, easy to pack and more importantly, super cute to wear. I like to have a pair on me at all times, because lets face it, heels are just not practical. I love this classic black pair with a fun chevron twist from Nicholas Kirkwood.
- Leather Leggings – The easiest thing to throw on. You can dress them up with a cute blouse and heels, or dress them down with combat boots and a chunky sweater. If you travel, leather leggings are the perfect bottom for you. Comfortable, yet fashionable – the best option for long flights.
- A Bucket Bag – I still can’t convert to wearing a backpack, no matter how cute they can be – so I feel like a good bucket bag is the closest thing. Comparable in size to a backpack, bucket bags are awesome to throw all of your stuff in and sling over your shoulder when you are in a rush. Plus they are tres-chic. I am currently lusting over this Sophie Hulme Camel Bag.