This post is sponsored by Sonesta – thanks for an amazing stay!
For the holiday weekend my boyfriend and I made our way down to sunny Florida to the beautiful beaches of Fort Lauderdale. About 3 hours in the air are all that separate me and Fort Lauderdale, so the decision to hop on the plane was an EASY one for me. We were fortunate enough to be able to stay at the BEAUTIFULLY remodeled Sonesta. I am a huge fan of staying at Sonestas, like literally I am Sonesta loyal. The hotel chain provides that luxury feeling we all crave when we travel but offers that at a budget friendly price-point. Located right across from the beach near several restaurants, bars and coffee places – the Sonesta offers gorgeous ocean views, a great pool/bar combo and beautiful guest suites.
When we arrived we instantly felt welcomed. Between the incredibly friendly front desk staff to the FABULOUS pool bar attendant, Joe, the staff is fantastic here. They walked us through their top places to eat, drink and things to see. Recommendations are my favorite and the Sonesta team provided nothing but great tips and tricks for seeing Ft Lauderdale.
Where to Stay
The Sonesta, duh. There are a slew of hotels to pick from in Fort Lauderdale but the attention and care we received while staying at the Sonesta was above and beyond. The hotel is easily accessed from the airport, located along the gorgeous 7 mile beaches and a quick walk to the famous Las Olas Boulevard. The newly renovated hotel was chic, modern and comfortable all at once. The cool white tones were a beautiful contrast to the stunning ocean front views every angle of the hotel offers.
Where to Eat
- El Taquito – so this adorable little beach front shack may not look like much from the outside but the food is to die for. Try their Mint Mojito – it is incredibly refreshing and their enchiladas were some of the best I have ever had!
- Casablanca Cafe – this beautiful beach front restaurant has its own claim to fame as it is located in the first house ever built on the beach in Fort Lauderdale! The restaurant offers a nice variety of dishes – a little something for everyone! I had the salmon and Blair had the seafood pasta, both were excellent!
- Myapapaya juicery + kitchen – I LOVE a good acai bowl – especially at the beach. Myapapaya juicery + kitchen offers a huge variety of bowls, smoothies, juices and specialty sandwiches. The perfect way to start your day!
What to Drink
- LuLu’s Bait Shack – with live music and fun drinks – Lulu’s is the perfect way to start or end your night out in Fort Lauderdale! The vibe was incredible – its the type of place that makes you happy the second you walk through their doors.
- Elbo Room – Fort Lauderdales version of a club. With large patios and open windows, the beach nightlife bar is a hot spot along A1A. With great music and strong drinks, the Elbo Room is the perfect place to dance all night long.
- Living Room at the W – I told you, we just loved the W and their Living Room bar was a huge reason why! We went on Saturday which is their 80’s night – which offered amazing throw back tunes and $8 Belvedere drinks! Plus the whole bar overlooks the beautiful Florida oceanfront.
What to Do
- The Beach – this is an obvious statement but it is an absolute must to spend some time on the beach when visiting Fort Lauderdale. The warm water is a beautiful clear blue color with soft waves, the palm trees line each entryway – it is just paradise!
- Las Olas Boulevard – totaling almost 10 blocks, Las Olas Boulevard offers restaurants, bars and boutiques galore and is a perfect way to spend a day or night!
Our time spent in Fort Lauderdale at the Sonesta was a wonderful mix of fun and relaxing. It was the absolute perfect weekend getaway and I am already itching to go back! If you are in need of a great place to stay, check out the Sonesta.